SUFFOLK PREMIER CUP DRAW: Bury Town to face Leiston in pick of ties
- Credit: Archant
Holders Bury Town will travel to Leiston, the side they have defeated in the semi-final in each of the last three seasons, in the first round of this season’s Suffolk FA Premier Cup sponsored by Ransomes Jacobsen.
The clash of the county’s two Ryman League Premier Division clubs is the stand-out draw in the opening round of the 2014-15 competition.
Lowestoft Town, winners of the competition in 2011-12 and who will be playing in Conference North this season, will be away to Thurlow Nunn Premier Division newcomers Ipswich Wanderers.
First-round draw: Felixstowe & Walton Utd v Newmarket Town, Hadleigh United v Brantham Athletic, Leiston v Bury Town, Ipswich Wanderers v Lowestoft Town (Wednesday, October 15th 2014), Kirkley & Pakefield v AFC Sudbury, Needham Market v Mildenhall Town, Haverhill Rovers v Walsham-le-Willows
Bye: Whitton Utd.
You may also want to watch:
Ties to be played on Tuesday, October 14th, 2014, kick-offs 7.45pm.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week