Ipswich-born Toby Trinder, who attended Framlingham College, makes England under-20s rugby team
- Credit: Archant
A former Suffolk school pupil has been called up to represent England’s under-20s team in two major international competitions.
Toby Trinder, who was born in Ipswich and attended Framlingham College, made the quad for the 2018 Six National and World Rugby under-20 Championship in May.
The Northampton Saints prop has already represented his country at under-17s and under-19s level.
“We’re delighted to see three of our brightest talents recognised by England at international level, and huge congratulations must go to James, Fraser and Toby for their performances in the first half of the season,” said Saints Academy manager Simon Sinclair.
“It just goes to show the strength in depth we have here at Northampton, and I’m confident all three of the guys will thrive within the international environment.”
You may also want to watch:
England open their Six Nations campaign against Italy on February 2.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 3 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 6 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 7 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 8 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 9 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 10 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance