Suffolk Saxons badminton announce team to face Loughborough Lightning tonight – with highlights on BT Sport
- Credit: sarah lucy brown
The line-up for Suffolk’s professional badminton team’s third match in the AJ Bell National Badminton League tonight has been announced.
Having won their first home game against a star-studded Surrey Smashers side on November 7 the Suffolk Saxons will be looking to consolidate their second place in the league table with another victory.
Travelling away to Loughborough Lightning tonight will be Sean Vendy, Andy Ellis, Julie Finne-Ipsen. Johnnie Torjussen, Sarah Walker and new signing Fee Teng Liew.
Vendy and Ellis will aim to continue their successful men’s doubles partnership in the opening event after dispatching Tom Wolfenden and Olympian Chris Langridge in the match against Surrey.
Dane Finne-Ipsen will continue in the women’s singles after winning last time out and Torjussen, who played men’s doubles with Ellis in the opening fixture against Birmingham Lions, replaces Joel Douse in the men’s singles.
You may also want to watch:
Another successful partnership from the Surrey fixture, the women’s doubles team of Walker and Finne-Ipsen, also keep their places, while Liew replaces Zoe King as Vendy’s mixed doubles partner in the final event.
Loughborough are currently third in the AJ Bell NBL table, one place and one point behind the Saxons, but having played only one game to the Suffolk side’s two.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 3 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 4 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from
- 10 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
The fixture will be played in the Loughborough University Badminton Centre at 7pm today (Monday, November 28) with extended highlights of the match being featured on BT Sport at 8pm on Thursday, December 1.
After facing Loughborough the Saxons face fellow league newcomers Bristol Jets in their second home game on December 5.
Tickets for the fixture at Ipswich’s Corn Exchange are available from the Ipswich Borough Council tickets website.