Suffolk skittled out for a meagre total, as hosts Buckinghamshire win Unicorns game
- Credit: Su Anderson
Suffolk lost their latest Unicorns KO Trophy Group 4 game yesterday, by two wickets, away to Buckinghamshire.
Buckinghamshire won the toss and decided to field, leaving Suffolk to try and post a competitive total which they could then defend, in Tring.
However, things didn’t go according to plan as the visitors were bowled out inside 33 overs, Suffolk making just 160.
Suffolk’s top-five made just 33 between them and only Ben Shepperson (81) showed any kind of resistance, home bowler Tom Hampton taking three for 38 off eight overs.
In reply, Buckinghamshire took less than 30 overs to complete the job, Shelvin Gumbs (100 not out) and Alexander Woodland (33) putting on 102 for the second wicket.
You may also want to watch:
Matthew Salisbury took both wickets, before GT Park came in to get the hosts over the line.
Suffolk have now lost two out of their three cup games this season.
- 1 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 2 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners
- 3 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 6 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 7 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 8 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 9 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 10 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle