TEAM NEWS: Carlos Edwards and Daryl Murphy both start at Millwall
Millwall v Ipswich: Blues boss Mick McCarthy has made two alterations to his last league line-up for this afternoon’s Championship match at Millwall.
Wide forwards Paul Anderson and Paul Taylor have both dropped to the bench, with Carlos Edwards (impressive in Tuesday night’s 3-2 defeat at Preston in the FA Cup) and Daryl Murphy (fit again after missing the last two matches with a thigh strain) replacing them.
It means a return to a 4-4-2 formation for the Suffolk side as McCarthy matches up Millwall’s system.
Altogether it is six changes to the team which started at Preston in midweek, Dean Gerken, Luke Chambers, Aaron Cresswell, Cole Skuse and David McGoldrick also returning to the team along with Murphy.
Today is Ian Holloway’s home debut as Lions boss, the south London side having gone seven games without a win (six defeats and one draw).
You may also want to watch:
He has made four changes to the side which lost 1-0 at Huddersfield last weekend (courtesy of a last minute goal). Tottenham loanee Ryan Fredericks – a 21-year-old right-sided player – makes his debut after arriving at the club yesterday, while Liam Trotter, Scott Malone and Andy Keogh have all been promoted to the starting XI.
Trotter – making his first start after injury – is one of two ex-Ipswich players in the Millwall line-up, along with Lee Martin.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 9 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 10 Audi and Jaguar crash into central reservation on A12 at Copdock
– Follow @Stuart_Watson on Twitter for live match updates.
MILLWALL (4-4-2): Forde; Fredericks, Shittu (cpt), Lowry, Malone; Trotter, Bailey, Martin; Keogh, Morison, McDonald;
Subs: Bywater, Beevers, Wright, Abdou, Woolford, Feeney, Marquis.
IPSWICH TOWN (4-3-3): Gerken; Chambers (cpt), Berra, Smith, Cresswell; Edwards, Skuse, Hyam, Tunnicliffe; McGoldrick, Murphy.
Subs: Loach, Mings, Tabb, Hunt, Anderson, Taylor, Nouble.
Referee: Eddie Ilderton