Team news: David McGoldrick starts as Tommy Smith returns for Ipswich Town at Sheffield Wednesday
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
David McGoldrick makes his first start since October, while Tommy Smith returns to the defence as Ipswich Town take on Sheffield Wednesday this afternoon.
In total Mick McCarthy has made five changes to the side which lost to Brentford on Saturday, with Luke Hyam suspended and Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Ben Pringle and Luke Varney dropping out the side.
Cole Skuse had been due to start this afternoon, but now also drops out of the side due to injury, with Jonathan Douglas, Smith, McGoldrick, Kevin Bru and Liam Feeney coming into the starting XI in their places.
Youngsters Myles Kenlock, Adam McDonnell and Andre Dozzell are on the bench.
Sheffield Wednesday: Westwood, Hunt, Loovens, Lees, Pudil, Wallace, Bannan, Lopez, Lee, Joao, Forestieri
Subs: Wildsmith, Sasso, Bennett, McGugan, Matias, Hooper, Nuhiu
Ipswich Town: Bialkowski, Chambers, Smith, Berra, Knudsen, Douglas, Bru, Foley, Feeney, Sears, McGoldrick.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 4 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
Subs: Gerken, Digby, Kenlock, McDonnell, Dozzell, Pringle, Pitman.