Team news: David McGoldrick starts as Tommy Smith returns for Ipswich Town at Sheffield Wednesday
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
David McGoldrick makes his first start since October, while Tommy Smith returns to the defence as Ipswich Town take on Sheffield Wednesday this afternoon.
In total Mick McCarthy has made five changes to the side which lost to Brentford on Saturday, with Luke Hyam suspended and Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Ben Pringle and Luke Varney dropping out the side.
Cole Skuse had been due to start this afternoon, but now also drops out of the side due to injury, with Jonathan Douglas, Smith, McGoldrick, Kevin Bru and Liam Feeney coming into the starting XI in their places.
Youngsters Myles Kenlock, Adam McDonnell and Andre Dozzell are on the bench.
Sheffield Wednesday: Westwood, Hunt, Loovens, Lees, Pudil, Wallace, Bannan, Lopez, Lee, Joao, Forestieri
You may also want to watch:
Subs: Wildsmith, Sasso, Bennett, McGugan, Matias, Hooper, Nuhiu
Ipswich Town: Bialkowski, Chambers, Smith, Berra, Knudsen, Douglas, Bru, Foley, Feeney, Sears, McGoldrick.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 7 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 8 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
Subs: Gerken, Digby, Kenlock, McDonnell, Dozzell, Pringle, Pitman.