Team news: Digby starts for Ipswich Town as McCarthy makes four changes for Middlesbrough clash
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Paul Digby makes his first league start for the Blues after coming into the side to replace Christophe Berra at Middlesbrough this afternoon.
The young defender, on loan from Barnsley, has started in the FA Cup and appeared as a substitute in the league, but starts today in an Ipswich side featuring four changes from Tuesday’s draw with Fulham.
Out go Berra, Jonathan Douglas, Andre Dozzell and Brett Pitman, with Digby, Luke Hyam, Kevin Bru and David McGoldrick replacing them.
Dozzell is on the bench, as is Teddy Bishop, following a successful 90 minutes for the under 21s on Monday.
For the hosts, former Blues Jordan Rhodes and Grant Leadbitter start, while nemesis David Nugent is on the bench, having scored 15 goals in 14 games against Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
Middlesbrough: Konstantopoulos, Nsue, Ayala, Gibson, De Laet, Clayton, Leadbitter, Adomah, Ramirez, Downing, Rhodes.
Subs: Agazzi, Nugent, Forshaw, Kalas, Stuani, Husband, De Sart.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 7 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 8 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 9 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 10 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
Ipswich Town: Bialkowski, Chambers, Digby, Smith, Knudsen, Skuse, Hyam, Feeney, Bru, Sears, McGoldrick
Subs: Gerken, Foley, Douglas, Pringle, Pitman, Dozzell, Bishop.