Team news: Digby starts for Ipswich Town as McCarthy makes four changes for Middlesbrough clash
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Paul Digby makes his first league start for the Blues after coming into the side to replace Christophe Berra at Middlesbrough this afternoon.
The young defender, on loan from Barnsley, has started in the FA Cup and appeared as a substitute in the league, but starts today in an Ipswich side featuring four changes from Tuesday’s draw with Fulham.
Out go Berra, Jonathan Douglas, Andre Dozzell and Brett Pitman, with Digby, Luke Hyam, Kevin Bru and David McGoldrick replacing them.
Dozzell is on the bench, as is Teddy Bishop, following a successful 90 minutes for the under 21s on Monday.
For the hosts, former Blues Jordan Rhodes and Grant Leadbitter start, while nemesis David Nugent is on the bench, having scored 15 goals in 14 games against Ipswich.
Middlesbrough: Konstantopoulos, Nsue, Ayala, Gibson, De Laet, Clayton, Leadbitter, Adomah, Ramirez, Downing, Rhodes.
Subs: Agazzi, Nugent, Forshaw, Kalas, Stuani, Husband, De Sart.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 3 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 4 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 5 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 6 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
- 7 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 8 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 9 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 10 Shocked woman finds naked burglar asleep in her bed
Ipswich Town: Bialkowski, Chambers, Digby, Smith, Knudsen, Skuse, Hyam, Feeney, Bru, Sears, McGoldrick
Subs: Gerken, Foley, Douglas, Pringle, Pitman, Dozzell, Bishop.