TEAM NEWS: Ipswich make six changes and Preston seven for FA Cup replay
Preston v Ipswich: Ipswich Town manager Mick McCarthy has made six changes to his starting line-up for tonight’s FA Cup third round replay at League One side Preston North End.
Following Saturday’s 3-1 home defeat to QPR, McCarthy has one again decided to use the FA Cup as a chance to hand some his fringe players a game.
Scott Loach, Carlos Edwards, Tyrone Mings, Jay Tabb, Stephen Hunt and Frank Nouble have all been promoted to the starting XI, while academy trio Matt Clarke, Kyle Hammond and Byron Lawrence are all on the bench.
Luke Chambers (hamstring), Aaron Cresswell (knee), Cole Skuse (dead leg), Anthony Wordworth (tonsillitis), Daryl Murphy (thigh) and Sylvan Ebanks-Blake (hamstring) were all left at home, with the all but the latter hopeful of recovering in time for Saturday’s league match at Millwall.
Preston boss Simon Grayson has made seven changes to his side following their 2-0 defeat at Wolves on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Declan Rudd, Tom Clarke, Neil Kilkenny and Paul Gallagher are the only players to keep their place, with first team regulars Bailey Wright, Lee Holmes, Joe Garner and Iain Hume all on the bench.
- Match report and reaction to follow. Follow @Stuart_Watson on Twitter for live match updates.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 8 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 9 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 10 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
PRESTON NORTH END (4-4-2): Rudd; Keane (cpt), Clarke, Huntington, Laird; Gallagher, Kilkenny, Hayhurst, Humphrey; Davies, Brownhill.
Subs: Stuckmann, Wright, Beavon, Holmes, Byrom, Garner, Hume.
IPSWICH TOWN (4-3-3): Loach; Edwards (cpt), Berra, Smith, Mings; Hyam, Tunnicliffe, Tabb; Anderson, Nouble, Hunt.
Subs: Gerken, Clarke, Hammond, Lawrence, Taylor, McGoldrick, Lee.
Referee: Mr K Stroud