TEAM NEWS: Ipswich unchanged at Barnsley. New loan signing Paul Green replaces Paul Taylor on the bench. Latter leaves on the train due to a tooth abscess.
- Credit: Archant
Barnsley v Ipswich: Blues boss Mick McCarthy has named an unchanged side at Barnsley this afternoon, new loan signing Paul Green replacing Paul Taylor on the bench.
Green completed his 93-day loan switch from Championship rivals Leeds this morning. The central midfielder joined his new team mates at the team hotel last night.
The 30-year-old – whose last competitive start came in an international match for the Republic of Ireland back on November 19 – goes straight into the squad, replacing Paul Taylor on the bench following last weekend’s 1-0 home win over Bolton.
Taylor travelled with the squad, but was pictured by a Town supporter leaving Barnsley on the train a few hours ago. A club spokesman says the striker – who did not travel with the rest of the squad for a warm-weather training camp in Portugal this week – was sent home by the physio due to a tooth abscess.
Barnsley – second-bottom and five points adrift of the drop zone – have replaced suspended central midfield duo Emmanuel Frimpong and Jacob Mellis (both sent-off in last weekend’s 1-0 defeat at Sheffield Wednesday) with Jim O’Brien and Stephen Dawson.
– Follow @Stuart_Watson on Twitter for live match updates.
You may also want to watch:
BARNSLEY (4-4-2): Steele; Hunt, Ramage, Cranie (cpt), Kennedy; Jennings, Dawson, O’Brien, Shea; Proschwitz, O’Grady.
Subs: Turner, Nyatanga, McCourt, Lawrence, Cywka, Pedersen, Woods.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 4 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 6 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 7 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 8 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 9 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 10 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
IPSWICH TOWN (4-3-3): Gerken; Chambers (cot), Berra, Smith, Cresswell; Skuse, Tabb, Hunt; Nouble, McGoldrick, Murphy.
Subs: Loach, Mings, Richardson, Edwards, Anderson, Wordsworth, Green.
Referee: Darren Bond