TEAM NEWS: Murphy and Tunnicliffe return to side as McCarthy switches to a 4-3-3 formation
Ipswich v Huddersfield: Blues boss Mick McCarthy has made two changes to his starting line-up for this afternoon’s Championship game against Huddersfield Town at Portman Road.
Following Tuesday night’s 3-1 home win over Blackburn, McCarthy has recalled striker Daryl Murphy and midfielder Ryan Tunnicliffe, with wingers Carlos Edwards and Stephen Hunt dropping to the bench.
It sees a switch to a 4-3-3 formation for Ipswich, McCarthy ditching his favoured 4-4-2 system and playing 4-3-3 to combat Huddersfield’s wing-back system.
The Terriers – level on points with Ipswich in the table – have won their last three matches. Manager Mark Robins has made just one chnage to the side which won 1-0 at Bolton midweek, Adam Clayton (available again following a one-game suspension) replacing Keith Southern in midfield.
– Follow @Stuart_Watson on Twitter for live match updates. Match report and reaction to follow. Log on later to cast your vote for Ipswich’s Man-of-the-Match.
You may also want to watch:
IPSWICH TOWN (4-3-3): Gerken, Chambers (cpt), Berra, Smith, Cresswell; Skuse, Hyam, Tunnicliffe; Nouble, Murphy, McGoldrick.
Subs: Loach, Mings, Edwards, Tabb, Anderson, Hunt, Graham.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN (3-5-2): Smithies; Smith, Gerrard, Lynch; Hammill, Hogg, Clayton, Norwood, Dixon; Vaughan, Ward.
Subs: Bennett, Woods, Scannell, Gobern, Wallace, Holmes, Bunn.
Referee: Gary Sutton.