TEAM NEWS: Tyrone Mings starts at left-back for visit of Doncaster Rovers
Ipswich v Doncaster: Blues boss Mick McCarthy has decided not to risk left-back Aaron Cresswell for today’s visit of Doncaster Rovers to Portman Road, replacing him with Tyrone Mings.
Cresswell came off in the 60th minute of Tuesday night’s 2-0 win at Huddersfield Town with a tight groin, but the move was described as purely precautionary and the player himself said he would be fit for today’s match.
McCarthy has decided not to risk him though, especially has he has been keen to see more of former non-league player Mings following his assured performances whenever called upon.
That is the only alteration to Town’s starting line-up from midweek, with Jay Tabb and Paul Green returning to the bench and Manchester City loanee Alex Henshall dropping off the bench.
Doncaster boss Paul Dickov has made two enforced changes to his side following their 2-1 home defeat to Bolton in midweek, the injured duo of Lucas Neill (hamstring) and Ritchie Wellens (foot) replaced by Gabriel Tamas and Dean Furman.
– Click here for full match preview. Follow @Stuart_Watson on Twitter for live match updates.
You may also want to watch:
IPSWICH TOWN (4-4-1-1): Gerken; Chambers (cpt), Berra, Smith, Mings; Anderson, Skuse, Hyam, Hunt; Williams; Murphy.
Subs: Loach, Richardson, Green, Tabb, Wordsworth, Nouble, Ebanks-Blake.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 6 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
DONCASTER ROVERS (4-4-2): Johnstone; Quinn, Meite, Tamas, Husband; Coppinger, Keegan (cpt), Furman, Cotterill; Sharp, Brown.
Subs: Maxted, Duffy, McCullough, De Val, Robinson, Middleton, Stevens.
Referee: Graham Scott.