Teddy Bishop returns on the bench for Ipswich Town’s clash with Charlton Athletic
Ipswich Town striker Daryl Murphy remains sidelined with a calf problem and will miss tomorrow night’s Championship clash with relegation-hanted Charlton Athletic at Portman Road.
The 33-year-old sat out Saturday’s goalless draw at Wolves and is also a doubt for the coming weekend’s clash with Brentford, in Suffolk.
Better news comes in the form that young midfielder Teddy Bishop – out for the season due to injury – will make his long-awaited return on the bench, for tomorrow night’s clash, and will be joined by Daviod McGoldrick, who also made his comeback from injury, on the bench at the weekend.
“He (Murphy) won’t be available for Tuesday’s game and he’s a doubt for Saturday as well,” explained McCarthy, who confirmed Bishop wasn’t yet ready to start a game.
“Teddy’s fine and will be on the bench tomorrow.
“I am delighted to have him back and involved.”
- 1 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 4 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 5 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 6 From Celina to Mariner - the best goals ever scored at Portman Road
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Paramedics called after tree falls on car in east Suffolk
- 9 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 10 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion