Teddy Bishop scores and Michael Crowe saves a penalty as Ipswich Town Under 21s lose at Sheffield United
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Midfielder Teddy Bishop found the net and goalkeeper Michael Crowe saved a late penalty as Ipswich Town’s under 21s lost at Sheffield United this afternoon.
In a game played at the Blades’ Bramall Lane ground, the young Blues slipped two goals down by half-time thanks to goals from McDonagh and O’Hanlon.
However, the young Ipswich side battled back and Bishop, who recently made a brief return for the first team as a substitute following a season of injury troubles, prodded home following a free-kick in the second half as he completed the 90 minutes.
They couldn’t find an equaliser, before Crowe saved a penalty from Diego De Girolamo in the closing minutes.
Ipswich Town: Crowe, Woolfenden, Fowler, Smith, Robinson, McKendry, Benyu, Bishop,Blanchfield, Patterson, McLoughlin.
Subs: Marsden, Morris, Downes, Jones
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 4 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Hazel O'Connor's Sudbury shows cancelled due to 'serious medical incident'
- 8 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 9 'If we're clever there's lots to learn' - McKenna on Town's Bolton lessons
- 10 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich