Teddy Bishop scores and Michael Crowe saves a penalty as Ipswich Town Under 21s lose at Sheffield United
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Midfielder Teddy Bishop found the net and goalkeeper Michael Crowe saved a late penalty as Ipswich Town’s under 21s lost at Sheffield United this afternoon.
In a game played at the Blades’ Bramall Lane ground, the young Blues slipped two goals down by half-time thanks to goals from McDonagh and O’Hanlon.
However, the young Ipswich side battled back and Bishop, who recently made a brief return for the first team as a substitute following a season of injury troubles, prodded home following a free-kick in the second half as he completed the 90 minutes.
They couldn’t find an equaliser, before Crowe saved a penalty from Diego De Girolamo in the closing minutes.
Ipswich Town: Crowe, Woolfenden, Fowler, Smith, Robinson, McKendry, Benyu, Bishop,Blanchfield, Patterson, McLoughlin.
You may also want to watch:
Subs: Marsden, Morris, Downes, Jones
- 1 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 3 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 4 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 10 Mega theme park plans 'could add to Essex traffic problems'