“That’s just what we needed!” – Colchester United boss Tony Humes
Colchester United manager, Tony Humes, praised his side’s character for their vital 2-0 home win over Leyton Orient this afternoon.
Goals from Gavin Massey (14 minutes) and Kaspars Gorkss (48) secured only a third home league win of the season for the battling U’s.
“That’s just what we needed!” enthused boss Humes.
“We really needed three points today, and that’s what we’ve got.
“I thought the players showed what they are all about. They dug in and got the reward of three points.
“We started the game well, and got the goal, and after that we defended very well.
“This win should do wonders for self-confidence. It was a big game to win.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 6 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 7 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 8 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR
“All our defenders put their bodies on the line, and I thought the character of the players was there for all to see,” added Humes.