“The poor run was getting to us a little” - Colchester United match-winner Craig Eastmond
Craig Eastmond’s first goal of the season ended Colchester United’s terrible run, at Yeovil on Saturday.
And now ex-Arsenal midfielder Eastmond is looking for the U’s to build on this 1-0 win.
“It was a positive performance from the team, and positive for me to get the winner,” enthused Eastmond.
“George Moncur cut the ball back and found me. There was a little slot for me to aim at, and it was a good finish.
“It’s a big push for us, obviously with where we are in the table and to go into the Christmas period with this win.
You may also want to watch:
“The clean-sheet was so important as well. Clean-sheets win you games, as you saw today.
“One of our weaknesses recently has been defending, so we had to get stronger, which we all did.
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour
“The poor run (five straight league defeats) was getting to us a little.
“It always does, when you can’t really get that win.
“People’s heads start to go, but we’ve all stuck together. It was only a matter of time.
“Now it’s a chance for us to go on a winning run,” added Eastmond.