The Yeovil defeat “has shaken us” - John Ward
JOHN Ward admits that Colchester United’s disappointing defeat, and below-par display, at Yeovil on Tuesday night, has “shaken” his team ahead of today’s trip to Preston.
But that is not necessarily a negative reaction – the U’s will be on their guard to make sure it doesn’t happen again at Deepdale.
“We had a poor start at Yeovil, and the game has shaken us a little bit,” explained Ward, whose team trained at Stoke City during yesterday’s trip to Lancashire.
“We had such a bright pre-season, playing well against three Championship clubs (West Ham, Derby and Ipswich), and were looking forward to the start of the season.
“But it fell a bit flat on us at Yeovil. We made it hard going for ourselves.
You may also want to watch:
“Now we have to make sure that there is a reaction at Preston, and I’m sure there will be.
“Preston are a very strong team, but I’m expecting a strong response from my team, “ added Ward.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
Freddie Sears is set to return to the U’s side, after missing the Yeovil defeat due to a family bereavement.