‘There is a great toughness here’ – Colchester United defender Ryan Dickson
Colchester United left-back Ryan Dickson has praised the courage of his team-mates, following Saturday’s 2-2 home draw against Bristol City, while also looking forward to tomorrow’s trip to league leaders Wolves.
The U’s battled back from 2-0 down against City, thanks to second-half goals by Gavin Massey and Freddie Sears, to give themselves extra confidence going into the big challenge at Molineux.
“The gaffer said at half-time, even though it was only 1-0 to them, that he felt we can get something out of the game if we pushed on,” revealed Dickson.
“Even when they got their second, we knew we just couldn’t allow our heads to drop and we didn’t. “There is a great togetherness here and again that showed.
“It’s been a tough run of games recently and the (1-0) win over Shrewsbury was a big confidence booster, which we took into the Bristol game.”
Looking ahead to tomorrow’s game, against title favourites Wolves, Dickson continued: “Wolves is going to be an enjoyable experience for all the players.
“They are such a big club with history.
- 1 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 2 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 3 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 4 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 5 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 6 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 7 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 8 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 9 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 10 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'
“We aren’t daft, we know it is going to be difficult.”