Thetford 10 Crane 3
NE14 Hockey Men's East LeagueDivision 4NEThetford 10 Crane 3A WEAKENED Cranes were humiliated by a stronger than expected Thetford side who as they were clearly the stronger team on the day benefited from a litany of umpiring decisions that effectively ended the game as a meaningful contest.
NE14 Hockey Men's East League
Thetford 10 Crane 3
A WEAKENED Cranes were humiliated by a stronger than expected Thetford side who as they were clearly the stronger team on the day benefited from a litany of umpiring decisions that effectively ended the game as a meaningful contest. Thetford struck first, Crane defending poorly from a penalty corner and they doubled their lead shortly afterwards after a further defensive lapse.
You may also want to watch:
At this stage Cranes were still well in the game and not overly worried about the deficit, indeed Andy Bristow pulled one back immediately with a penalty stroke won by Paul Muchal. Thetford quickly re-established their two-goal lead through a generous penalty corner and Bristow struck again from Robin Johnsons touch through to keep Cranes in contention.
A further scrambled goal from Thetford brought half time at 4-2 and there was everything still to play for. Cranes started the second period brightly and a superbly taken strike from Paul Muchal meant the game was developing nicely into an intriguing battle, however it was downhill from here as Thetford took full advantage of some dubious umpiring decisions to ram home their superiority, scoring seemingly at will from penalty corners.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 9 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 10 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer