‘This season is going to go right down to the wire’ – Colchester United boss John McGreal
Colchester United boss, John McGreal, believes that this season is going to go “right down to the wire.”
The U’s are now five points adrift of the League Two play-offs, following last Saturday’s 3-1 defeat at Notts County.
But they remain in the promotion mix, on 57 points, although a total of 70 or 71 points is usually required to make the top seven, which means a haul of 13 or 14 points to be amassed from a possible 18.
“There’s no way that I am chucking the towel in. We still have six games, the majority of them (four) at home,” explained McGreal.
“We know how tight this division is, and I’m sure it’s going to go right down to the wire.
You may also want to watch:
“We can’t get that win away from home, but we’ll keep going and try to get the three points this Saturday, against Stevenage.
“We’ve gone through about four or five teams this season, due to injuries, we must not forget that, and we are still feeling positive.”
- 1 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 'They walked into us heavy' - Cook on 6-0 thrashing of Doncaster