Thurlow Nunn round-up: Ipswich Wanderers ship four while Coggeshall maintain promotion push
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Wanderers conceded their first league goals in four matches as Thetford left The Doucy with a comfortable victory in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
On 30 minutes James Bradbrook should have claimed a cross and when he didn’t, Priddle was on hand to give Thetford the lead.
The visitors then had to wait until the 46th minute to increase their lead. Over play in the Wanderers back line saw Sam Allen give the ball away and Wales marked his debut with a goal in added time.
On 55 minutes Priddle increased the lead before Mark Goldfinch reduced the deficit with a bullet header on the hour. A minute later however Thetford added a fourth to round off a comprehensive display.
Lowly Hadleigh United gained a priceless 2-1 win at Ely City after Daniel Jeffrey gave the hosts an early lead. Hadleigh equalised after 10 minutes through Tom Briscoll while Michael Barwick earnt all three points with a fine shot on the half hour.
Haverhill Borough’s fine league form in the Thurlow Nunn First Division continued as a convincing second half performance saw them overcome Holland FC 4-0 on Saturday.
Ryan Swallow, Charlie Holmes, Craig Pruden and Jarid Robson scored the hosts’ goals.
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 3 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 4 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 7 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 8 Truck overturns on wet, slippery road near Stowmarket
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 North Stander: We are where we deserve to be... and the play-offs look a long way off
AFC Sudbury Reserves secured a win over Woodbridge Town despite a goalless first half.
Matt Mackenzie opened the scoring after getting on the end of a Jake Colclough cross before substitute Callum Vincent headed home to secure the points.
Coggeshall Town maintained their push towards promotion with another three points when Framlingham Town visited West Street.
The home side took advantage of the strong wind putting the visitors defence under pressure, earning four corners before Syrett headed in via the post on 10 minutes.
John Kerridge equalised two minutes later following a swift move involving Charlie and Danny Smith.
Coggeshall nosed in front on 18 minutes when a high ball was touched on by Darren Mills and through the hands of keeper Rose.
McCullock scored a third to ensure they comfortably denied their visitors a share of the available points.