Tigers tamed by rampant Witches
Ipswich Witches 63 Glasgow Tigers 29
Ipswich ‘Sackers’ Witches proved far too classy for poor Glasgow Tigers at Foxhall Stadium.
The Suffolk side were simply too good and picked up their easiest three Premier League points of the season in their biggest win so far of the year.
However, while the result was never in doubt, the Witches still produced some thrilling racing with Ben Barker to the fore as he rode to a full 15-point maximum.
He was joined on a full score by Rohan Tungate and Cameron Heeps, while skipper Leigh Lanham dropped just one point.
Full report and picture special in Friday’s EADT and Ipswich Star
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 4 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 8 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 9 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 10 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town