Tight affair but Mistley just miss out
EASTERN COUNTIES 2: Thetford 13 Mistley 8
THETFORD scored the first try with some powerful work by their backs but Mistley soon replied with an excellent try by Teddy Tippett.
There were some injuries with Dougall Meston off for some time and eventually Tippett, which weakened the back row.
Despite some excellent work by the Mistley scrum they could not put another score on the board.
The second half saw some excellent forward play by both sides with Mistley defending well.
You may also want to watch:
Thetford scored again with a penalty, increasing the lead to 10-5
A penalty goal by Gary Booker narrowed the score to 10-8 and in the closing minutes, Mistley applied pressure but a drop goal by Thetford to increase the lead by 13-8 secured a win.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 6 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 7 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 8 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 9 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 10 600 protesters form 'human wall' to oppose Sizewell C sea defences
However this result did deny Thetford a bonus point which would have put them joint second with Thurston but they would have not been promoted due to try difference.