Time for a rest, Macca
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United boss Joe Dunne will be giving Macauley Bonne the weekend off, rather than including him in tomorrow’s trip to Preston.
Academy product Bonne, who only turned 18 recently, has played in the U’s last five games, and has already scored two goals.
The striker celebrated his 18th birthday with his first ever goal, to beat Peterborough 1-0, and also netted in the FA Cup defeat to Sheffield United.
But he will be given the chance to put his feet up this weekend, before returning to the fold for next Tuesday’s home game against MK Dons.
“I’m going to give Macca (Bonne) a few days off,” revealed manager Dunne.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s had a lot happen to him in a very short space of time.
“He’s done great for us as a young body, but we’ve got players coming back now, so we will give him this weekend off and he will probably come back into the squad for MK Dons on Tuesday.”
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 8 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 9 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
Midfielder Craig Eastmond is suspended, but Jabo Ibehre, Freddie Sears, David Wright and Gavin Massey are all pushing for starts at Preston, following their recent injury lay-offs.