Tom Eastman signs new deal with U’s
TOM Eastman has signed a new two-and-a-half deal to stay at Colchester United.
Former Ipswich Town defender Eastman was delighted to put pen to paper again, and so guarantee his long-term future with the U’s.
The 21-year-old arrived at Colchester in the summer of 2011, after rejecting a new short-term six-month contract with Ipswich. His initial deal was a two-year package.
“It’s something that we had been talking about for a few weeks,” enthused Eastman.
“It’s a good deal for me, and I’m glad to sign this deal to keep me here a bit longer.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m enjoying playing football at Colchester.
“When I was at Ipswich, and I didn’t have long left on my contract, nothing really got sorted out, and I ended up getting some more security at Colchester.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 8 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 9 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 10 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
“Now I can push on play some more games,” added Eastman,