Tonic for U’s as Brandy is suspended
FEBIAN Brandy crowned a man-of-the-match performance with the winning goal against Colchester United, at the Bescot Stadium last month.
That’s why the U’s will be relieved that danger-man Brandy, who has been a prime reason for Walsall’s sudden rise up the League One table, is suspended for the quickfire return match at the Weston Homes Community Stadium on Saturday.
Ex-Manchester United trainee Brandy, blessed with electric pace, bagged a 61st winner against the U’s in the west Midlands.
That kick-started a fine run from Walsall, who have gone on to win six of their last seven matches.
And winger Brandy has bagged four goals in his last six outings, following up his winner against Colchester with goals in the away wins at MK Dons (4-2) and Preston (3-1), and a 2-0 home success over Portsmouth.
You may also want to watch:
However, the 23-year-old will be sidelined by a one-match suspension on Saturday, after being sent off for two bookable offences during last weekend’s 3-1 win over Bournemouth.
Walsall, facing a relegation battle before the U’s visit, are now just five points adrift of the play-off zone.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 6 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 7 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 8 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 9 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship