Tottenham confirm Bent signing
TOTTENHAM today confirmed the signing of former Ipswich Town striker Darren Bent from Charlton in a £16.5million deal.Bent's arrival smashes Spurs' transfer record fee of £11million the club paid for Sergei Rebrov.
TOTTENHAM today confirmed the signing of former Ipswich Town striker Darren Bent from Charlton in a £16.5million deal.
Bent's arrival smashes Spurs' transfer record fee of £11million the club paid for Sergei Rebrov.
The 23-year-old said: "Tottenham have a lot of young English players and it's a young squad, it's a squad going forward and that's the direction I wanted to take.
"They seem to be getting better and better every season and I would love to be part of that.
You may also want to watch:
"It helps a lot that I know a few of the lads from England internationals and I'm sure they will help me settle in.
"It's exciting times for me and the club, hopefully I'll show what I can do at Tottenham and we'll go on to win things."
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 3 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 7 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first