Tottenham confirm Bent signing
TOTTENHAM today confirmed the signing of former Ipswich Town striker Darren Bent from Charlton in a £16.5million deal.Bent's arrival smashes Spurs' transfer record fee of £11million the club paid for Sergei Rebrov.
TOTTENHAM today confirmed the signing of former Ipswich Town striker Darren Bent from Charlton in a £16.5million deal.
Bent's arrival smashes Spurs' transfer record fee of £11million the club paid for Sergei Rebrov.
The 23-year-old said: "Tottenham have a lot of young English players and it's a young squad, it's a squad going forward and that's the direction I wanted to take.
"They seem to be getting better and better every season and I would love to be part of that.
"It helps a lot that I know a few of the lads from England internationals and I'm sure they will help me settle in.
"It's exciting times for me and the club, hopefully I'll show what I can do at Tottenham and we'll go on to win things."
- 1 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 4 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 5 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 6 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 7 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 10 Morsy on 'shock' of Cook sacking and McGreal's message