Ipswich Town to appeal Toto Nsiala red card
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town are to officially appeal Toto Nsiala’s red card against Sheffield Wednesday, the club have confirmed.
The defender saw red from ref Jeremy Simpson after 75 minutes at Hillsborough for what looked a fair tackle on the Owl’s Fernando Forestieri.
Moments later, Lucas Joao headed home the Wednesday winner as Town were beaten 2-1.
The appeal will be heard by a Football Association Regulatory Commission this week. Nsiala faces a three game ban if the red card is not rescinded, meaning he will miss the games against Norwich, Hull and Brentford.
After the game, Town boss Paul Hurst said: “Everyone has seen it. I’m told their guys have said it’s a totally wrong decision. I’ll try and be careful with my words because it seems as though we can’t criticise when people get things wrong, which isn’t right to me.
You may also want to watch:
“I criticise players, I’m sure people will criticise me if they feel I am getting things wrong... It’s his job and he’s got to do better than that.”
He added: “I don’t understand what the lad is supposed to do after winning the ball. Is his leg supposed to just drop off? Forestieri runs into him and actually kicks Toto.”
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 3 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 6 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 8 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 9 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 10 600 protesters form 'human wall' to oppose Sizewell C sea defences