Town away to Hornets in cup fifth round
IPSWICH TOWN were today drawn against Watford at Vicarage Road.The tie is due to take place on Saturday February 17, but that could change if the match is rescheduled for live television coverage.
IPSWICH will travel to Premiership side Watford in the fifth round of the FA Cup.
Watford, who won 1-0 at West Ham United on Saturday, will take on Town, the lowest-ranked side definitely through to the last 16, at Vicarage Road.
The tie is scheduled for Saturday, February 17, but is subject to possible change if it is picked for live television coverage.
Ipswich are currently the lowest ranked team definitely through to the last 16, although the Norwich City versus Blackpool tie has still to go to a replay.
You may also want to watch:
Watford, who were promoted from the Championship through the play-off system last season, are currently bottom of the Premiership with just two league wins.
They won at fellow relegation candidates West Ham on Saturday, and enjoyed success over Stockport at home in the third round.
- 1 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Ipswich Town 6-0 Doncaster Rovers: Evans leads the way as ruthless Blues cut loose under the lights
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 'They walked into us heavy' - Cook on 6-0 thrashing of Doncaster
Watford were the first team Ipswich played in the FA Cup as a professional club, winning 2-1 at Portman Road in the first round in 1936/37.
In season 1956/57, Ipswich played at Vicarage Road in the second round and won 3-1. They have not met Watford in the competition since.
On their last visit to Watford Ipswich were beaten 2-1 in the Championship last April.
The fifth round draw was picked by Great Britain athletes Darren Campbell and Roger Black at the FA's headquarters in Soho Square, London.
The full draw results are:
Chelsea v Blackpool or Norwich
Watford v Ipswich
Preston v Manchester City
Plymouth v Derby
Manchester United v Reading
Arsenal or Bolton v Blackburn
Bristol City or Middlesbrough v West Bromwich Albion
Fulham v Tottenham