Blackburn v Ipswich Town classic games: Hurst first game, FA Cup win and in the play-offs
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
We take a look at some of the famous games against today’s opponents Blackburn down the years, from Hurst’s first game to a FA Cup win
LAST TIME: Tayo Edun scored a late equaliser as the Blues drew 2-2 with Blackburn at Portman Road in August 2018 in Paul Hurst’s first game in charge in the Championship.
IN THE PLAY-OFFS: Daryl Murphy scored twice as Town were beaten 3-2 at Blackburn in 2015, but results elsewhere saw the Blues finish sixth in the Championship to be in the play-offs and would face East Anglian rivals Norwich City in the semi-finals.
TOWN PROGRESS: John Wark was among the scorers as Town beat Blackburn 2-1 at Ewood Park in the League Cup 2nd Round, 2nd Leg in 1983.
FA CUP REPLAY WIN: Paul Mason scored the only goal as the Blues beat Blackburn 1-0 at Ewood Park in the FA Cup 3rd Round in 1996.
PLAYED FOR BOTH: This week’s new Town signing Alan Judge played 16 games for Blackburn during his two seperate spells at the club.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 3 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 4 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 5 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 6 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 7 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 10 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson