Blackburn v Ipswich Town classic games: Hurst first game, FA Cup win and in the play-offs
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
We take a look at some of the famous games against today’s opponents Blackburn down the years, from Hurst’s first game to a FA Cup win
LAST TIME: Tayo Edun scored a late equaliser as the Blues drew 2-2 with Blackburn at Portman Road in August 2018 in Paul Hurst’s first game in charge in the Championship.
IN THE PLAY-OFFS: Daryl Murphy scored twice as Town were beaten 3-2 at Blackburn in 2015, but results elsewhere saw the Blues finish sixth in the Championship to be in the play-offs and would face East Anglian rivals Norwich City in the semi-finals.
TOWN PROGRESS: John Wark was among the scorers as Town beat Blackburn 2-1 at Ewood Park in the League Cup 2nd Round, 2nd Leg in 1983.
FA CUP REPLAY WIN: Paul Mason scored the only goal as the Blues beat Blackburn 1-0 at Ewood Park in the FA Cup 3rd Round in 1996.
You may also want to watch:
PLAYED FOR BOTH: This week’s new Town signing Alan Judge played 16 games for Blackburn during his two seperate spells at the club.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 8 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 10 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'