‘Hurst needs to start Dozzell, Edwards and Sears from here on out’ - Town fans on terrible start
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town fans have been taking to social media to discuss the team’s terrible start to the season and what needs to be done to turn things around - here’s what they’ve been saying...
The Blues lost 2-0 to high-flying Middlesbrough last night, meaning that Paul Hurst is still searching for his first win as Town boss, 11 games into the season.
A small minority of fans are already calling for change, but it’s hard to imagine famously patient owner Marcus Evans pulling the trigger so soon into the much-trumpeted new era.
On our Kings of Anglia Facebook page, Bill Pryke said: “Players should be taking ownership of a lot of the issues happening at the club. Giving goals away the way we have is making a mockery of the club.
“Problem is the players that were poor over the McCarthy era are now even more evident because the players that have now moved on have bailed them out.
“Two upfront won’t solve the problem we have. Issue I feel is with the players and not taking to Hurst style of play.”
James Andrew added: “Hurst is guilty of changing too much too soon, but if the likes of Webster, Waggy and Garner wanted to leave for a combination of reasons then we couldn’t keep them if they didn’t want to be here.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 5 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 6 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 7 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 8 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 9 'A good team and well-coached' - Bolton boss Evatt on Town
- 10 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
“Hurst can’t also legislate for experienced professionals making such fundamental mistakes as Chambo did last night.”
Jacqui Cole thinks the players must be given more time. She said: “I agree the players do need to show they want it did think there was not much communication where the younger ones could have done with that..
“I never thought these changes would happen quick. They all need us behind them, I think we will remain in bottom half of championship this season but no shame in that if they are all going to gel.
“It is a new journey with a huge amount of pressure on the League One players.. personally looking forward to seeing them develop.”
And on Twitter, Luke Prentice said: “We should only be panicking after the Reading/Preston games.
“He should be using players in form for the U23s. Dozzell, Kenlock and Rowe would be the three as Knudsen, Nolan, Chalobah, Graham and Ward look very short of form. I’d use Downes ahead of Chalobah as he is our own.”