‘Absolutely buzzing... a natural goalscorer, works hard and gets stuck in’ - Town fans react to Norwood signing
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town fans have taken to social media to give their reactions to news that the club have signed prolific striker James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers – here’s a selection of what’s been said.
Town announced the signing last night, inking Norwood, who scored 32 goals last season, on a three-year-deal.
The 28-year-old was the leading scorer in the country last season, tied with Manchester City superstar Sergio Aguero, and has been recruited to boost Town's anaemic front line as Paul Lambert's men bid to bounce back up to the Championship at the first time of asking.
"Ipswich is a Premier League club and I want to help them get back to that level," Norwood told the club website.
"I've looked around the stadium and it's unbelievable. Looking at the size of the crowds last season, the facilities. I just can't wait for pre-season to start now.
You may also want to watch:
"I had three or four Championship clubs make offers but I spoke with Paul Lambert and he told me how he saw me fit into his team.
"It's a massive club and I have seen how the fans get behind the team and I know what that can do for a football club. It was a no-brainer for me really.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 7 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 8 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 9 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
"I've come here to achieve things. I have had two promotions and Ipswich have got a good chance of going up next season and I want to be part of that."