Town fans vote for new home strip
Ipswich Town fans have voted for a pinstrip design for the club's next home shirt.More than 12,500 supporters took part in a vote to pick the 2007/9 home shirt, picking from three options developed by the club and new kit provider Mitre.
Ipswich Town fans have voted for a pinstrip design for the club's next home shirt.
More than 12,500 supporters took part in a vote to pick the 2007/9 home shirt, picking from three options developed by the club and new kit provider Mitre.
Coaching staff were also involved in coming up with the designs.
Town's head of retail Elaine Hull said: "We had a terrific response from fans and the number of votes was an all-time record. We're looking forward to working with the team at Mitre to produce what will be a fantastic kit for next season.
You may also want to watch:
“Each of the samples were, as always, prototypes - the winning shirt, for example, had the pinstripe printed on to the fabric rather than woven into it. We will now work with the team at Mitre on final fabric selection and on refining the design detail."
The new shirt will be available to pre-order from 10th February 2007, for collection from the 28th April 2007.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 9 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 10 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K