Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Another England youth international heading to Blues?
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Ipswich Town are among the clubs interested in taking Fulham youngster Tayo Edun on loan, reports HITC Sport.
The 20-year-old made four appearances for the Cottagers last season – twice in the League Cup towards the start of the season and twice in the Championship in November.
Left-footed, he can play defensive midfield or at left-back and was recently on trial with MLS side Portland Timbers.
Ipswich, along with League One duo Barnsley and Shrewsbury, are said to be among the clubs to have made enquiries about the player following Fulham’s promotion to the Premier League.
Edun has represented England from U17 to U20 level and was an international team-mate of Blues duo Andre Dozzell and Trevoh Chalobah when the young Three Lions won the European U19 Championships last summer.
You may also want to watch:
He was sent-off in the final, but was named in the Team of the Tournament.
Town could be well represented at this summer’s European U19 Championships, which will take place in Finland later this month, with Chalobah, Dozzell, Tristan Nydam and Flynn Downes all in contention.
The Blues currently have versatile full-back Kane Vincent-Young – a right-footer who played left-wing back last season – on trial at their warm weather training camp in Spain after he turned down a new deal at League Two side Colchester United.
Town left-back Jonas Knudsen will be given extra time off after featuring for Denmark in the World Cup.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles