Town punished for mistakes
Ipswich Town 0 Sheffield Wednesday 2DESPITE dominating for long periods Ipswich failed to find the net and were duly punished by a well-organised Wednesday side.
Ipswich Town 0 Sheffield Wednesday 2
DESPITE dominating for long periods Ipswich failed to find the net and were duly punished by a well-organised Wednesday side.
Marcus Tudgay early in the first half and then Madjid Bougherra late in the second, gave Brian Laws victory in his first game in charge of the Owls.
The Blues missed a host of chances with Alan Lee and Matt Richards especially wasteful.
Wednesday skipper Lee Bullen almost netted for Ipswich when he headed a Gary Roberts cross against his own post.
See this weekend's Green'Un for full match report and the whole of the non-league scene
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 5 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 6 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 7 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 8 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 10 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds