Town punished for mistakes
Ipswich Town 0 Sheffield Wednesday 2DESPITE dominating for long periods Ipswich failed to find the net and were duly punished by a well-organised Wednesday side.
Ipswich Town 0 Sheffield Wednesday 2
DESPITE dominating for long periods Ipswich failed to find the net and were duly punished by a well-organised Wednesday side.
Marcus Tudgay early in the first half and then Madjid Bougherra late in the second, gave Brian Laws victory in his first game in charge of the Owls.
The Blues missed a host of chances with Alan Lee and Matt Richards especially wasteful.
You may also want to watch:
Wednesday skipper Lee Bullen almost netted for Ipswich when he headed a Gary Roberts cross against his own post.
See this weekend's Green'Un for full match report and the whole of the non-league scene
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 7 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 8 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 9 Mega theme park plans 'could add to Essex traffic problems'
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton