Town's appalling run continues
Sheffield United 3 Ipswich Town 1Ipswich Town's appalling away record continues as they slumped to a 3-1 loss at Bramall lane.Ipswich have now gone 12 games without a win on the road and were well beaten by United.
By Derek Davis
Sheffield United 3 Ipswich Town 1
Ipswich Town's appalling away record continues as they slumped to a 3-1 loss at Bramall lane.
Ipswich have now gone 12 games without a win on the road and were well beaten by United.
You may also want to watch:
James Beattie bagged brace for the Blades and Keith Gillespie rounded of the scoring after Jon Walters had earlier equalised for Town.
Beattie grabbed the opener for the Blades with a good finish from a Chris Armstrong pass as Town's defence was cut open once again.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
Walters ran on to long punt from keeper Neil Alexander for Town but Beattie put Sheffield back in front.
He grabbed a second from the penalty spot after a foul by Liam Trotter on Nick Montgomery with Trotter making his full debut for Town who made four changes from the team that drew at Norwich.
Gillespie wrapped things up with terrific finish from the edge of the area.