Town skipper set for shock return
INFLUENTIAL Blues skipper Jason de Vos is set for a shock early return from a broken foot.The commanding Canadian is looking to be back in the heart of defence for the Blues' FA Cup tie at Watford Saturday after missing five games with a broken bone in a foot.
INFLUENTIAL Blues skipper Jason de Vos is set for a shock early return from a broken foot.
The commanding Canadian is looking to be back in the heart of defence for the Blues' FA Cup tie at Watford Saturday after missing five games with a broken bone in a foot.
De Vos was expected to be out for a minimum of six weeks after fracturing the metatarsal in training in mid January but could be back a fortnight earlier then scheduled.
Blues boss Jim Magilton has pencilled his skipper in for next week's cup match but insists he won't rush the player back, despite De Vos' eagerness to return.
You may also want to watch:
Magilton said: “Jason is making a very speedy recovery and has a chance for next week.
“He will tell you he has a chance to play against Watford but we will take advice from the medical people before deciding. We don't want to rush him back too early.”
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 10 Woman found dead in country park is named
Magilton has also been impressed with De Vos' devotion to duty far beyond the norm, with the captain travelling to away games with the squad even though he has been injured.
He said: “Jason doesn't have to go on away trips but by doing so he has shown his absolute commitment to us, the players and he has been fantastic. His attitude towards getting back has been absolutely fantastic and he doing everything he possibly can to get fit.”