Ipswich Town to face Cambridge United in final summer friendly
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town will face Cambridge United, at The Abbey Stadium, in their final summer friendly of 2019.
The U's, who finished 21st in League Two in the season just finished, will host the fixture on Saturday, July 27 (1pm ko) - just a week before the Blues kick-off their campaign in League One.
Town traditionally finish their summer schedule with a home game, but Portman Road hosting a Rod Stewart concert next month means that is was not possible this year as annual pitch renovations will start later.
The Blues last played Cambridge United in a 2016 friendly, Andre Dozzell scoring in a 1-1 draw.
This is the first of Town's pre-season games to be announced.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Lambert's men are heading to Germany between July 4-15 for an extended training camp and matches. Details of this trip are yet to be revealed.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 4 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 5 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 7 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk
- 8 Police seize 37 dogs and make one arrest after raid in Essex
- 9 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 10 One person taken to hospital after A12 crash