Town trial for Irish star Healy
IPSWICH are giving a trial to Republic of Ireland international Colin Healy.And the 26-year-old midfielder will definitely feature in Town's first pre-season friendly at Boston on Saturday week.
By Mel Henderson
IPSWICH are giving a trial to Republic of Ireland international Colin Healy.
And the 26-year-old midfielder will definitely feature in Town's first pre-season friendly at Boston on Saturday week.
Healy is a free agent after leaving Livingston following their relegation from the Scottish Premier League last season.
You may also want to watch:
He started his career with Celtic, spent three months on loan at Coventry four years ago and then moved to Sunderland, where he twice suffered a broken leg and was restricted to just 20 appearances in two years.
Ipswich boss Jim Magilton said: “Colin's agent has been contacting clubs about his availability and we have decided to have a look at him.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 7 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
“He's training with us and I'll give him 45 minutes at Boston. He's had a few injury problems but he has a decent pedigree and we want to give him a chance to show what he can do.”
AN Ipswich Town XI will take on Bury Town at Ram Meadow on Sunday, July 23, with the kick-off time yet to be confirmed.