Town tumble out of Suffolk Premier Cup to Felixstowe
FELIXSTOWE & Walton United dumped Ipswich Town out of the John Banks Suffolk Premier Cup last night.
The 2-1 scoreline was no more than the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division side deserved before a bumper crowd of 1,050 at the Goldstar Ground.
Arran Sheppard’s eighth minute header put the home team in front and Andy Crump volleyed home a second after 57 minutes.
For all their possession, the youthful Town side lacked a cutting edge and failed to find a way through the Seasiders’ defence until Josh Carson’s 90th minute free-kick found the bottom corner.
It is the third time that Town, who returned to the competition this season after a two-year absence, have gone out to non-league sides in recent years, after previously losing away to both Lowestoft Town and Needham Market.
You may also want to watch:
Felixstowe boss Kev O’Donnell said: “I have been involved in similar games as a coach, but never as a manager, and the result is the pinnacle of my managerial career.”
A full match report and pictures are in today’s EADT and Star.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 7 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 8 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 9 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency