Town U23s back on the wining trail with fine victory over Watford
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town’s U23s got back to winning ways with a 3-0 victory over Watford at Playford Road this afternoon.
Ipswich Town’s U23s got back to winning ways with victory over Watford at Playford Road this afternoon.
Kieron Dyer’s young side overcame the Hornets by three goals to nil, after losing at Bristol City last week.
Former Bury Town youngster Ross Crane put the Blues ahead in the 25th minute, before Zanda Siziba’s fine strike six minutes later put the Town two ahead.
It was three on 76 minutes, Colin Oppong this time the scorer.
You may also want to watch:
That was the way it stayed as the home side ran out victors.
Albanian U21 star, Armando Dobra was a notable absentee from the Town squad. Whether he has travelled with Town to Oxford tonight will be seen later.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 3 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 4 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 6 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 7 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
Town U23s next game is at home to Swansea City on December 15.
Town: Przybek, Crowe, Baggott, Ndaba, Smith, Healy, Crane, Page, Viral, Siziba, Z Brown. Subs: Ridd, Andoh, Humphreys, Alexander, Oppong.