Town U23s back on the wining trail with fine victory over Watford
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town’s U23s got back to winning ways with a 3-0 victory over Watford at Playford Road this afternoon.
Ipswich Town’s U23s got back to winning ways with victory over Watford at Playford Road this afternoon.
Kieron Dyer’s young side overcame the Hornets by three goals to nil, after losing at Bristol City last week.
Former Bury Town youngster Ross Crane put the Blues ahead in the 25th minute, before Zanda Siziba’s fine strike six minutes later put the Town two ahead.
It was three on 76 minutes, Colin Oppong this time the scorer.
You may also want to watch:
That was the way it stayed as the home side ran out victors.
Albanian U21 star, Armando Dobra was a notable absentee from the Town squad. Whether he has travelled with Town to Oxford tonight will be seen later.
- 1 Infection rates drop in Suffolk as UK records deadliest day of pandemic
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Controversial plans that would double village in size set for approval
- 4 Electricity restored to almost 500 homes following power cut
- 5 Hadleigh rated as one of the worst areas for coronavirus deaths in England
- 6 Timeline: When can you expect to receive the Covid vaccine?
- 7 Temporary mortuary to open as virus deaths continue to increase
- 8 Man drove 128 miles for fish and chips in lockdown
- 9 Two more League One clubs make approaches for Ipswich Town defender Donacien
- 10 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
Town U23s next game is at home to Swansea City on December 15.
Town: Przybek, Crowe, Baggott, Ndaba, Smith, Healy, Crane, Page, Viral, Siziba, Z Brown. Subs: Ridd, Andoh, Humphreys, Alexander, Oppong.