Ipswich Town v Hull City classic games: Nine-goal thriller and end of the season win
We take a look at some memorable games against today’s opponents Hull City over the years at Portman Road, including a nine-goal thriller and an end of season win.
LAST TIME: Town failed to score for the fifth successive home game for the first time in their history as Hull City comfortably beat the Blues 3-0 at Portman Road in March last year.
MISSED OUT: On the final day of the 2007-08 season, Alan Lee scored as Ipswich beat third place Hull City 1-0 at Portman Road in May 2008 but missed out on the Championship play-offs by one point.
GODDARD BRACE: In February 1991, Paul Goddard scored twice as the Blues beat The Tigers 2-0 at Portman Road in Division Two.
HOME WIN: Neil Woods and David Lowe scored as Town beat Hull City 2-0 at Portman Road for their first home league win in six games in March 1988.
You may also want to watch:
NINE-GOAL THRILLER: Ray Crawford scored a hat-trick as the Blues beat Hull City 5-4 in a entertaining game at Portman Road in Division Two in October 1966.
- 1 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 2 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 8 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 9 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 10 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight