OFF! Town’s clash with Wycombe Wanderers postponed
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town’s game against Wycombe Wanderers scheduled for Saturday, 12 October at Portman Road has been postponed because of Blues’ international commitments.
A new date for the home fixture will be confirmed in due course.
There are no matches in the Premier League or Championship on the weekend of 12 and 13 October, but a full fixture list remains in place for League One and League Two.
But, Town have reached the three-player tipping point that allows the Club to request for the EFL fixture to be postponed. This has been processed and accepted.
Anthony Georgiou, on loan from Tottenham Hotspur until January, has been called up to Cyprus' squad for European Championship qualifiers, while Armando Dobra has been selected in Albania's U19 squad.
You may also want to watch:
And earlier today Alan Judge was called up for Republic of Ireland's Euro qualifiers against Georgia and Switzerland.
England U20s also have two fixtures this month, with Blues midfielders Andre Dozzell and Flynn Downes both in contention for a call-up to the Young Lions squad.
- 1 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
Following this month's round of international fixtures, Town's trip to Oxford on 16 November also clashes with an international week.