Transfer Deadline Day Latest: Olamide Shodipo signs on loan for Colchester United from QPR
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Colchester United have signed a new winger on transfer deadline day.
The U’s were on the look-out for a wide-man, following Kyel Reid’s return to Coventry City, and to that end they have snapped up Republic of Ireland Under-21 international Olamide Shodipo, on loan from Queens Park Rangers.
The 20-year-old Olamide will stay with the League Two U’s until the end of the season, hoping to bolster the club’s chances of reaching the League Two play-offs.
Graduating from the ranks of the Academy at Loftus Road, the talented Shodipo made his QPR senior debut in the opening game of last season, a 3-0 win over Leeds United, and has so far made 11 league appearances for the West London outfit.
Shodipo, renowned for being a swift winger with tricks up his sleeve, also played six games for Port Vale during a loan spell a year ago.
You may also want to watch:
The Dubliner has played forthe Republic of Ireland at both Under-19 and Uner-21 level.
He should be in the U’s squad for this Saturday’s home match against Newport County.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 4 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 9 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 10 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'