Feast of action for fans at Foxhall this weekend
- Credit: Archant
It’s one of the most-anticipated meetings of the season at Foxhall Stadium this weekend, with a feast of action for motorsport fans, writes Dean Cox.
Saturday night will see a triple–formula meeting, featuring the National Hot Rods, the Superstox and the 2.0Ltr Hot Rods.
The National Hot Rods return after their fantastic World Championship Qualifying Round here in August.
This will be World Championship English Qualifying Round Six, with Round Five having been staged this past weekend.
Once the points are finalised from that, three–time world champion, Newmarket’s Chris Haird, could well be leading the points, with Wanford’s Gavin Murray and Needham Market’s Aaron Dew still in the top dozen or so qualifiers too.
There is still a long, long way ahead and a lot cah happen on the road to gold, when the World Championship is staged once more at Foxhall Stadium on July 6-7, 2019.
Fans will be relishing the return of world champion Billy Wood, who has become a firm favourite with racegoers since his very popular win at Foxhall at Spedeweekend 2018.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 3 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 4 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 5 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 8 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 9 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
That was also the last time the Superstox were in town. This week they return to contest Round 16 of their Hoosier Racing Tyre Series.
When it comes to Superstox, Ipswich meetings always seems to have an extra bit of spice about them and the event should also hopefully be graced by former European Champion and top Dutch Driver, Ad Melissent.
Local interest here will be on Stowmarket’s Terry Lawrence and Colchester’s Brett Wesbroom.
Completing the fantastic bill of racing is a visit from the 2.0Ltr Hot Rods who are racing in Round 18B of their 2018 Hoosier Racing Tyre Series. Rik Vd Linden travels over from Holland for this one and is mighty quick on his day, so one to watch.
Racing starts at 6.45pm and turnstiles open at 5.30pm. Advance tickets for the Gala Night on November 3 will also be on sale at the meeting, for those who wish to purchase them.