Twin threat gives Ipswich Academy the edge over Breckland
They have been monitored by Arsenal scouts and twins Therese and Angela Addison displayed their potential when they helped Ipswich Academy’s under-13 girls’ team to the Suffolk County Cup title,
The girls played their part with a goal each, while Ellie Powell scored an extra-time winner, as the team defeated Breckland under-13s 3-2.
Scott Peat, a PE instructor at the Academy said: “It was a really close game and Breckland were probably the better team in the first half.
“We did well on the counter-attack and managed to score a scrambled goal to win the game.”
It was the first time the Academy has entered a girls’ team for a football tournament and led by year 8, Jess Oxlade, all the girls did really well.
“The twins reached the national finals with their primary school last year and Arsenal have been looking at both players. One is a midfielder, one is a striker.
On the road to the final, after receiving a first round bye, Ipswich Academy then defeated Northgate 6-0, Samuel Ward 5-2 and Chantry 8-1 in the semi-finals.
- 1 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 4 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 5 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 6 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 7 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 8 From Celina to Mariner - the best goals ever scored at Portman Road
- 9 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 10 County lines drug dealer, 20, jailed for 30 months