Two Colchester United players go out on loan
- Credit: Archant
New Leiston manager Steve Ball has bolstered his squad with the acquisition of two loan players from Colchester United.
Ball, who is involved with the youth set-up at Colchester, has brought in two U’s youngsters in striker Nnamdi Nwachuku and midfielder Jack Simmons.
Both are regular members of the Essex club’s under-21 development squad.
Ball said: “I’m delighted to get both Nnamdi Nwachuku and Jack Simmons to the club, and I am really grateful to Colchester United for allowing this to happen.
“Both are quality players who will enhance our squad and also get them some all-important game-time and experience.
You may also want to watch:
“We are entering a period of nine games in 31 days so we will need a bigger pool of players,” added Ball, a former U’s midfielder during the 1990s.
Leiston will be hoping to continue their recent form, with Tuesday’s penalty shoot-out defeat at AFC Sudbury their only defeat in four games, when they travel to Thamesmead for a Ryman League Premier Division clash tomorrow.
- 1 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 2 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 5 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 6 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 7 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 8 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 9 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 10 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk