U's are held in stalemate
Chelmsford City 0 Colchester United 0THERE was no sign of Teddy Sheringham at Melbourne, nor were there any goals as the Clarets and the Blues played out a goalless stalemate.
Chelmsford City 0 Colchester United 0
THERE was no sign of Teddy Sheringham at Melbourne, nor were there any goals as the Clarets and the Blues played out a goalless stalemate.
The former England star was unable to feature once more, while his team-mates failed to take advantage of having the majority of possession in this match.
The only chance in the first half saw the U's Mark Yeates blast across the face of the goal. In the second half the U's Tom Webb saw his header bounce along the goal-line before being cleared, while City's Chris Duffy twice went close and Kezie Ibe hit the angle.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Lisbie had the ball in the net for Colchester, but it was ruled out for offside, while Clive Platt headed a Kem Izzet cross straight at the Chelmsford keeper.
Colchester United will not be offering Hungarian international Bela Balogh a contract. The 23-year-old centre-half played in friendlies at Heybridge and Cambridge United, but manager Geraint Williams will not be retaining his services.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week