U's blow two-goal lead
Colchester United 2 Watford 3COLCHESTER United blew a two-goal lead in a Championship thriller at Layer Road, as league leaders Watford regained their winning touch.
By Carl Marston
Colchester United 2 Watford 3
COLCHESTER United blew a two-goal lead in a Championship thriller at Layer Road, as league leaders Watford regained their winning touch last night.
The U's were two-up inside the first half-hour, thanks to close-range strikes from Clive Platt and Matthew Connolly. But they could not hold on for what have been only their third home victory of the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
Watford came storming back, and were level before half-time thanks to two goals in as many minutes. First Marlon King rammed home his 10th goal of the season, and John-Joe O'Toole then bundled home at the far post.
The wind was not exactly taken out of the U's sails, but they never reached the heights of their rip-roaring start and Hungarian international striker, Tamas Priskin, nodded home what proved to be the winner in the 64th minute.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 8 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 9 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 10 Two cars set alight in two different streets
Chances continued to flow, but once again the U's vulnerability at the back cost them dear. They have now conceded 19 goals in 10 home games, which is a depressing ratio.