U’s debutant Smith ‘wants to put it right’
- Credit: Archant
MICHAEL Smith, recruited on loan from Charlton last Friday, did not have to wait long to make his Colchester United debut – just 34 minutes.
Tall striker Smith made quite an impression, during Saturday’s 2-1 home defeat at the hands of Crewe.
However, the ex-Darlington front-man was disappointed to squander a great chance to score in the second half, when blasting over from George Porter’s delivery.
“I was surprised to get on so quick,” admitted 20-year-old Smith.
“I was told that I would come on around the 60-minute mark. But I felt very good to get on that early.
You may also want to watch:
“We are all very frustrated because of all the chances we had. I had a good chance, and we felt we should have come away with at least a point.
“I’m annoyed to miss my chance, so I’m glad that there is a game on Tuesday for me to put it right,” added Smith, with reference to the U’s visit to Coventry tomorrow.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 3 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 6 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses
- 9 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 10 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties