U’s draw Daggers in Senior Cup
COLCHESTER United have drawn League One rivals Dagenham & Redbridge in the third round of the Essex Senior Cup.
The chances of two Football League clubs meeting each other at such an early stage of the competition were slim considering that 30 of the 33 remaining teams come from non-league.
That’s what’s happened though, with holders Colchester handed a trip to the newly-promoted Daggers – the two sides having just drawn 2-2 in the league at The Weston Homes Community Stadium and Colchester having knocked them out at the semi-final stage of the competition last season.
The only other Football League club in the competition – Southend United – host Essex Senior League side Barking.
Elsewhere, several neighbouring Ryman League clubs have been paired against each other, with Heybridge Swifts entertaining Maldon & Tiptree and Tilbury squaring-up to Aveley at Chadfields.
You may also want to watch:
Julian Dicks makes a notable return to former club Wivenhoe Town with his current side Grays Athletic and last year’s quarter-finalists Hullbridge Sports, the only club remaining from Round One this time, host Redbridge.
There will be another keenly contested encounter when runners-up AFC Hornchurch make the short trip to Eton Manor.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 10 Two cars set alight in two different streets
The deadline for the completion of the matches is on or before Saturday, November 6.
Essex Senior Cup third round draw: Romford vs Stansted; Heybridge Swifts vs Maldon & Tiptree; Wivenhoe Town vs Grays Athletic; Chelmsford City vs Witham Town; Canvey Island vs Harlow Town; Southend United vs Barking; Bowers & Pitsea vs Brentwood Town; Tilbury vs Aveley; Hullbridge Sports vs Redbridge; London APSA or Basildon United vs Billericay Town; Eton Manor vs AFC Hornchurch; East Thurrock United vs Waltham Abbey; Great Wakering Rovers vs Waltham Forest; Concord Rangers vs Thurrock; Dagenham & Redbridge vs Colchester United; Braintree Town vs Ilford.